Big Data and GIS - a Case Study on Social Care Chartered Surveyors
18th May 2015
By Chris Wall
Small firms can leverage big data too. Chris Wall discusses how Carterwood, a small chartered surveying practice based in Bristol, combines a national care home database, data from the 2011 census and powerful mapping software (ArcGIS) to extract data that drives the insights in the reports they write for care home operators and developers.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Big Data and GIS - a Case Study on Social Care Chartered Surveyors
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Unlocking Data... Wolfram Applies Complex Maths to Real-World Problems
Wednesday, 22nd April 2015
- Taking the Mystery Out of Big Data - Moving from Data Collection to Competitive Actions
Monday, 2nd February 2015
- Making Internal Information Visible Using Enterprise Content Management
Wednesday, 14th January 2015
- Briefing: Public Data in the Context of Big Data
Monday, 5th May 2014
- Maths - Key to Interpreting & Analysing Big Data
Friday, 24th April 2015
- New Entrants Shake Up Big Data Technology Market
Tuesday, 21st April 2015
- Big Data Techniques Afford Valuable Insights into Government Data
Wednesday, 7th May 2014
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021