Step One to Alignment Between IS and IT (In-Person)
28th January 2016
[Research Focus: Strategic Alignment of IS and IT]
To create alignment between information services (IS) and information technology, it's essential for IS professionals to get into the mindset of IT professionals. How does IT work? What are its concerns and drivers? What are its measures of success?
Answering these questions is particularly challenging due to the fact that IT organisations are frequently complex, may include outsourced components, and employ jargon-rich vocabulary.
This in-person Communities of Practice session will start to demystify IT and provide you with tools to document what you learn about your colleagues on the "other side" of information practice.
We'll use examples to dig into and understand "mindset" - the first step in creating alignment with IT, to better serve your organisation.
Information services and information technology are related domains of knowledge with very different approaches, concerns, and work practices. Although we cannot instantly shift to a perfect relationship, we can take control of contributing to effective interactions that reduce frustration, make sense of processes and improve IS/IT project outcomes.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have a Community level subscription, please contact us.
- Thursday, 28th January 2016 at 11:30am - 14:00 (GMT) (a light lunch will be provided) - London, UK
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
- Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this Community session and provide easier registration (recommended)
- Or complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check your access and register you for this Community session.
- Learn more about becoming a Jinfo client
- Please complete the Registration Enquiry form below and we will check if your organisation has access and contact you to confirm either way.
Collective wisdom for Jinfo clients - Community sessions
Upcoming Community sessions offer peer-based problem-solving on the challenges of information strategy:
- Build your information strategy – get started, keep going, 20th January
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools, 22nd February
- Validate the value of information – you are the expert, 29th March.
Make the most of this client benefit – register today.
- Get started, then keep going, on information strategy
Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Big ideas move forward with small steps
Wednesday, 15th December 2021
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Validate the value of information – you are the expert (Community) Tuesday, 29th March 2022
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Build your information strategy – get started, keep going (Community) Thursday, 20th January 2022
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021