Shifting the Worldview around IS/IT Relationships: A First Step to Alignment
8th March 2016
[Research Focus: Strategic Alignment of IS and IT]
Is your view of the IT department that it's rule-driven, rigid and next to impossible to work with? It's a common perspective amongst our customers, and one that we need to address in the interests of driving the visibility and value of information.
Given that so many information projects benefit from IT skills and resources, it's essential that information services (IS) professionals gain a better understanding of the "worldview" of their colleagues in IT. This session is a great starting point for:
- Untangling IT structures and hierarchies
- Learning the key vocabulary
- Adapting your requests and project specs so that they can be prioritised.
You'll leave with a helpful glossary, a guide to conducting further research on your organisation's IT structure, and a tip sheet to support changing habits around your interactions with IT.
Restricted to Jinfo Subscribers at the Content level or higher, and registered guests. Spaces are limited.
- Tuesday, 8th March 2016 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (GMT) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Webinar title: Shifting the Worldview around IS/IT Relationships: A First Step to Alignment
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021