IS and IT Make Sense of the "Digital Workplace"
12th January 2016
[Research Focus: Strategic Alignment of IS and IT]
Like intranets, knowledge management systems and big data projects, the "Digital Workplace" is the latest technology-related initiative that desperately needs the involvement and influence of information services (IS).
The concept of the digital workplace is increasingly visible in trade publications and on corporate agendas. Chances are good that your IT department is thinking about the digital workplace or actively working on projects relating to it.
Chances are also good that they haven't (yet) thought to incorporate IS expertise in their discussions and planning.
Join this FreePint Webinar for an introduction to the elements and concepts now in circulation around the digital workplace. We'll examine:
- Examples, components and common stakeholders
- Highlights of resources from the main IT consultancies
- Ways in which IS expertise can improve planning and implementation of projects
- Tips for getting in the loop on discussions and projects and
- Tips for initiating the discussion on this hot topic, if it's not already taking place.
The "digital workplace" is the environment we all work in. Digital workplace projects attempt to take a holistic view of that environment and optimise it.
Regardless of your organisation's current efforts, start 2016 with a fresh view on a hot topic. There's no better place to work on strengthening your relationship with your colleagues in IT.
Restricted to FreePint Subscribers and registered guests. Included in your FreePint Subscription, but spaces are limited.
- Tuesday, 12th January 2016 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (GMT) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for Jinfo clients.
If you are a client, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
"My stakeholders finally understand what we do" – Senior Information Manager, manufacturing industry
Work on information strategy in 2022 with Jinfo if you want to:
- Measure, communicate and improve the ROI of information
- Consistently dedicate time to strategy, despite competing demands
- Build on methods tested and proven in other organisations.
For more on how your organisation benefits and how to get started, check out our "Spotlight on strategy".
- There's no information strategy without stakeholder engagement
Wednesday, 1st December 2021
- Measure the impact of information with Value Chain analysis
Monday, 22nd November 2021
- You know more than you think you do
Tuesday, 16th November 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Stakeholder engagement strategy – tips and tools (Community) Tuesday, 22nd February 2022
- Overcoming the barriers to progress on information strategy (Community) Tuesday, 11th January 2022
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021