Best practices in effective, activity-based learning for information literacy
13th June 2017
[Research Focus: Developing an information-savvy workforce through strategic alignments]
If you cultivate your skill in creating activity-based learning, you will improve the way workers interact with information.
But first, you need to learn to account for learning preferences amongst your target audience. Far from a "one-size-fits-all" strategy, information experts need to understand the variety of ways in which people take in, process, and internalise information so that it becomes knowledge and practice.
While you don't need to become an expert in this field, it can help to know enough to be able to partner successfully with your learning and development teams. This will help you collaborate to develop an effective curriculum and learning materials, to help your organisation improve its information literacy.
This Jinfo Webinar provides guidance on:
- Different learning styles and approaches
- How to develop an effective learning curriculum for information literacy, which doesn't rely on dragging people to training sessions
- Designing activity-based learning materials for a variety of environments to improve information skills and overall literacy.
Webinars are open to licensed users on a Jinfo Subscription. Spaces are limited.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have a subscription, please contact us.
Tuesday, 13th June 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes.
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Webinar title: Best practices in effective, activity-based learning for information literacy
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021