Maximising the strengths and minimising the weaknesses of organisational structure
11th July 2017
[Research Focus: Benchmark information roles - optimise your structure]
The information services function has traditionally comprised of a centralised function, which ticked all the boxes of our three-legged stool: sources, technology and value.
However, our benchmarking research has highlighted a trend towards a more decentralised approach. The core functions of research services, content purchasing, knowledge management and (now) analytics may be placed in any one of a number of divisions - IT, HR, or even procurement.
There is no "correct" configuration for where information expertise should be placed in an organisation. Each has its pros and cons, and your strategy needs to be based on an understanding of what you can leverage - and what you need to counteract - in order to be most effective.
This Jinfo Webinar builds on the results of our benchmarking research to provide practical tips on:
- Harnessing the strengths of your configuration
- Minimising the weaknesses of your configuration
- Addressing any fundamental challenges of the combination of structure and culture in your environment.
Webinars are open to licensed users on a Jinfo Subscription. Spaces are limited.
If you have a question about this event, or are unsure if you have a subscription, please contact us.
- Tuesday, 11th July 2017 at 08:00 Pacific / 10:00 Central / 11:00 Eastern / 16:00 (BST) / 17:00 Europe, 60 minutes
Webinar Recording and/or Slide Deck
This event has passed, and a recording and/or slide deck is available for customers with a Jinfo Subscription.
If you have a Jinfo Subscription, please sign in here so that we can check your account:
- Webinar title: Maximising the strengths and minimising the weaknesses of organisational structure
- Link to this page
- View printable version
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021