Topic Series: All About Usage (Jul-Sep 2015)
- Find out more about the Topic Series: All About Usage
Filter the list below:
Understanding Usage - Buyers and Sellers Seeking Alignment
This is an in-person event open to both buyers and sellers of information.
Buyers of information resources and sellers of information products and services have a shared need to understand when, how and why content is used. Yet it's rare to find buyers and sellers in alignment about how to...
20th October 2015 (New York) or 4th November 2015 (London)
Next Steps in Content Usage
This end of series report collects a full thematic index of content from the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining" in a convenient PDF package for download and offline reading.
Includes the themes:
Essentials and Introductory Articles...
Wednesday, 21st October 2015
Concluding the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage"
Friday, 16th October 2015
We're in a situation where information usage possibilities and limitations are changing fast. For information managers the challenge is to stay ahead of the situation and to advise end-users on the new ways to use information and how to stay within the usage restrictions, whilst working with other departments such as IT on authentication and security, and with vendors to extend rights or embrace new tools and services. As the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage" concludes, FreePint's director of research, Robin Neidorf, looks at key findings from the research, articles and reviews, and outlines next steps to ensure success.
Reflecting on the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage"
Friday, 16th October 2015
As the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining" reaches its conclusion, co-producer Andrew Lucas looks back over the series and highlights some of the key articles and events on subjects from authentication to content rights and responsibilities, original research and resource management. He also considers some of the key findings and next steps from the series.
RefME - Citation Tool that Frees Up Time for Research
Wednesday, 14th October 2015
Read more about RefME, the award-winning automated citation tool for researchers and students worldwide. We asked reviewer Cindy Romaine what she thinks makes it so popular.
Thomson Reuters Legal Division Gives Perspective on Changing Patterns in Content Usage
Tuesday, 13th October 2015
Business information specialist, Chris Porter, talks to Thomson Reuters about the interaction between evolving customer needs and contractual conditions. He interviews Jonathan Beak, chief counsel of the Thomson Reuters Legal business for UK and Ireland, to look in particular at how the Thomson Reuters legal information division has changed its approach since acquiring the Practical Law Company and how this has also impacted on Westlaw.
Trends in Content & Data Usage and Usage Rights
Monday, 12th October 2015
Many information professionals are experiencing situations where end-users want to do more with the content and data than is in the contract with the supplier. Information management specialist Bill Noorlander explains the terms primary and secondary usage, gives examples of 'usage creep', and explains how to ensure end-users stay within specific usage guidelines, contractual terms & conditions - and how to go about extending these rights if necessary.
Product Review of RefME
Product review of RefME, the automated citation tool for researchers and students worldwide.
Introduces the product and explains the value it offers its one million users, why use is growing so fast and why it's won and been nominated for a host of awards.
Thursday, 8th October 2015
Intellectual Property Protection in a Digital World
Wednesday, 7th October 2015
Co-producer of the the FreePint Topic Series "All About Usage - From Content Sharing to Data Mining", Anja Thygesen, reflects on the latest FreePint reports and articles in the series and how they shed light on the complex subject of protecting intellectual property.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021