Topic Series: News, and Other Commodities (Oct-Dec 2015)
- Find out more about the Topic Series: News, and Other Commodities
Filter the list below:
Concluding the FreePint Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities"
Monday, 11th January 2016
Find out why you should read the Index Report and commentary on the FreePint Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities" where we carried out original research into three key areas of news, reviewed key tools, analysed vendor landscapes, gave insights into specialist areas of news, and identified news sources available in emerging markets.
The End of an Era for News Databases?
This session is open to content buyers only.
If you've been wondering about the viability of news databases and what continuing change in the sector might mean for your organisation, join this teleconference Communities of Practice session.
Over the eight years since FreePint began our...
7th January 2016
Reflecting on the FreePint Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities"
Wednesday, 6th January 2016
As the FreePint Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities" reaches its conclusion, co-producer Anja Thygesen looks back over the series and highlights some of the key articles, market landscapes and reviews on subjects from increasing use of video to sources in emerging economies and how best to switch from one essential news product to another. She also considers research findings in areas from news preferences, to private company information, and usage of web content for business decisions.
Index Report for the Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities"
This end of series report collects a full thematic index of content from the FreePint Topic Series "News, and Other Commodities" in a convenient PDF package for download and offline reading.
Includes the themes:
Strategy and Tools
Product Reviews and Q&As with Vendors - including...
Wednesday, 6th January 2016
Deep Dive on News Survey Results - Factiva vs Nexis
Monday, 4th January 2016
FreePint's recently-concluded 2015 research into news needs and preferences indicated that Factiva and Nexis remain the most-used single preferred suppliers of news. We delve into the results to find out more about customer satisfaction with technology and features, how these premium products fit organisations' strategies around purchasing news, and what customers wish the suppliers would change.
A Framework for Evaluating Sources
Wednesday, 30th December 2015
Irene Koren and Anja Thygesen provide detailed guidance and useful tool for evaluating sources. They identify five criteria which should be carefully examined in order to rate a source for factors such as quality, currency and bias.
Evaluating Factiva and Nexis
Tuesday, 29th December 2015
FreePint's Annual Survey of News Needs and Preferences shows Factiva and Nexis consistently dominate the market for news. Business research consultant Andrew Grave takes an in-depth look at each product and highlights the use-cases where each is strongest, USPs, search strengths and source coverage.
Increasing Relevance of Online Video for Research
Thursday, 24th December 2015
Rachael Elliott explains why video should be an increasing part of your research focus - and provides some useful tips for specialist sources such as Storyful and Vevo, insight into how mainstream news databases such as Factiva are embracing video, and her views on the extra dimensions that video can bring to your research.
Market landscape - people information
This report accompanies Shimrit Janes' article "Analysing the Market Landscape for People Information - Introduction" where she looks at seven different vendors which have specialist "people information": Avention/OneSource, Boardroom Insiders, Factiva, Leadership Directories, LinkedIn, Nexis, and...
Thursday, 24th December 2015
Articulating and Measuring Objectives for DIY Content Aggregation
The FreePint Webinar, "DIY Content Aggregation: Benefits & Costs of Managing Your Own Platform", examined in part how to articulate and make measurable the organisational objectives associated with a DIY project.
The first model offers a suggested starting point for discussion on...
Wednesday, 23rd December 2015
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021