Research Focus: Strategic Alignment of IS and IT (Jan-Mar 2016)
- Find out more about the Research Focus: Strategic Alignment of IS and IT
Filter the list below:
Data Analytics - Get Ahead of the Next Information Frontier
Thursday, 2nd June 2016
What risks and opportunities are coming over the horizon? Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, explains.
Learning Their World - 4 Steps to Strategic Interaction With IT
Monday, 16th May 2016
How can you develop a clear plan to better interactions with the IT department? Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, explains.
Alignment with IT Happens at Every Level - 5 Things You Can Do to Get There
Thursday, 14th April 2016
Alignment between information services and the IT department should happen at every level of the organisation. Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, explains how to make this happen.
Insights and Actions from the Research Focus "Strategic Alignment of IS and IT"
This end of Focus report collects a full thematic index of content from the Jinfo Research Focus, "Strategic Alignment of IS and IT" in a convenient PDF package for download and offline reading.
Includes the key insights:
Alignment with IT Happens at Every Level - 5 Things You Can Do to...
Thursday, 14th April 2016
Researching IS and IT - from Outsourcing to Control of Key Projects
Friday, 8th April 2016
Our recent research into "Relationships Between Information Services and IT" shed light onto areas from outsourcing to control of key projects and reporting lines. Robin Neidorf picks out some highlights.
Reflecting on the Jinfo Research Focus "Strategic Alignment of IS and IT"
Wednesday, 6th April 2016
As the Jinfo Research Focus "Strategic Alignment of IS and IT" reaches its conclusion, co-producer Scott Vine looks back and highlights some of the key articles, market landscapes and reviews on subjects from creating better relationships with IT, to the importance of broad stakeholder engagement in project work and the continued rise of the digital workplace.
Real World Reflections on Working With IT
Tuesday, 5th April 2016
The Research Focus "Strategic Alignment of Information Services and IT" features a number of case studies, research-driven articles and personal accounts of working with IT. Steve Bynghall, co-producer of the Focus, highlights some of the recent articles as the Focus comes to a close.
How KM and IT Can Get Along
Monday, 4th April 2016
Although KM and IT departments often need to work together, there can be tensions. Some of the friction arises from differing world views, and simply being aware of these can help smooth the way. In many organisations there is also a gap that KM could fill which would be mutually beneficial: the deeper adoption of knowledge-worker tools.
What is the Broader Agenda for IT?
Friday, 1st April 2016
Having a better appreciation of the wider strategic agenda for IT functions can lead to better communication and fewer misunderstandings. Steve Bynghall examines several areas where IT must deliver, including maintaining security and ensuring compliance, and how they deliver on organisational strategy, particularly around digital transformation, and increasingly input into strategy.
How Working With IT Has Evolved
Thursday, 31st March 2016
Many of us have experienced the occasional challenge when working with IT. However, this article argues that although there will inevitably be issues when you work together on projects, over the years working with IT has evolved for the better. From personal experience of working with different IT professionals over 20 years, working with IT has become easier and more productive.
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021