Frequently Asked Questions
Jinfo was founded in 1997 by an information scientist with a business information background.
Jinfo was originally called "FreePint", because it was a free email newsletter for People Interested in Net Technologies. Hence the name "FreePint".
The offer of a 'free pint' proved a popular name, with rapid growth in circulation of the newsletter.
With research at its heart, FreePint developed a wider remit to look at information strategy and the re-invention of information services through the sharing of best practice.
Due to a focus on strategy, "FreePint" changed its name in 2016 to "Jinfo".
The Jinfo team has grown into a large network of information professionals globally.
Can I contribute content?
- Yes, absolutely. Please see the Publish with Jinfo page.
Emails are not being received or are going to spam
- Ensure that the address firstname.lastname@example.org is on your 'safe/white list'
- Contact us so that we can check why the emails are bouncing back to us
What is the password for MyJinfo?
- Click on the MyJinfo link, where you will be asked to sign in
- Click the 'Forgotten password?' link
- Enter your email address to receive immediate guidance by email
- If you experience further difficulties, please contact us
How do I unsubscribe?
- Use the form on the MyJinfo Modify page.
Please contact us or use the live text chat button to start an immediate conversation