Founder and Managing Director
William Hann founded Jinfo (then called "FreePint") in 1997 as a newsletter with tips and resources about effective information work. It has since grown into a global community of information practitioners, content buyers and knowledge workers, offering unique content, community and consulting around critical information topics.
William has a background in online information provision, with a first class honours degree in Information Science from Aberystwyth University. He has worked for a number of information vendors (including the Financial Times, Dialog and News International), and facilitated the Dow Jones Factiva Customer Advisory Board for 10 years.
Through Jinfo (formerly FreePint), William has received a number of industry awards, including European Special Librarian of the Year, Jason Farradane Award, and an open-source-intelligence Golden Candle Award.
In February 2016, FreePint was renamed Jinfo. Read more.
William can be reached at email@example.com
Articles by William Hann:
Per user per month flexibility in the Subscription
Tuesday, 5th April 2016
Introducing our new Subscription model which includes the option to add per user per month flexibility.
Jinfo is the new name for FreePint
Wednesday, 3rd February 2016
Find out why we've changed our name from FreePint to Jinfo.
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - selecting components and designing scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 4th May 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021