Founder and Managing Director
William Hann founded Jinfo (then called "FreePint") in 1997 as a newsletter with tips and resources about effective information work. It has since grown into a global community of information practitioners, content buyers and knowledge workers, offering unique content, community and consulting around critical information topics.
William has a background in online information provision, with a first class honours degree in Information Science from Aberystwyth University. He has worked for a number of information vendors (including the Financial Times, Dialog and News International), and facilitated the Dow Jones Factiva Customer Advisory Board for 10 years.
Through Jinfo (formerly FreePint), William has received a number of industry awards, including European Special Librarian of the Year, Jason Farradane Award, and an open-source-intelligence Golden Candle Award.
In February 2016, FreePint was renamed Jinfo. Read more.
William can be reached at email@example.com
Articles by William Hann:
Per user per month flexibility in the Subscription
Tuesday, 5th April 2016
Introducing our new Subscription model which includes the option to add per user per month flexibility.
Jinfo is the new name for FreePint
Wednesday, 3rd February 2016
Find out why we've changed our name from FreePint to Jinfo.
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021