Founder and Managing Director
William Hann founded Jinfo (then called "FreePint") in 1997 as a newsletter with tips and resources about effective information work. It has since grown into a global community of information practitioners, content buyers and knowledge workers, offering unique content, community and consulting around critical information topics.
William has a background in online information provision, with a first class honours degree in Information Science from Aberystwyth University. He has worked for a number of information vendors (including the Financial Times, Dialog and News International), and facilitated the Dow Jones Factiva Customer Advisory Board for 10 years.
Through Jinfo (formerly FreePint), William has received a number of industry awards, including European Special Librarian of the Year, Jason Farradane Award, and an open-source-intelligence Golden Candle Award.
In February 2016, FreePint was renamed Jinfo. Read more.
William can be reached at email@example.com
Articles by William Hann:
Per user per month flexibility in the Subscription
Tuesday, 5th April 2016
Introducing our new Subscription model which includes the option to add per user per month flexibility.
Jinfo is the new name for FreePint
Wednesday, 3rd February 2016
Find out why we've changed our name from FreePint to Jinfo.
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021