Stephen joined Jinfo in 2020 as a senior analyst specialising in Content Portfolio and Value Chain. He has over 35 years’ experience of information management and research.
Prior to joining Jinfo he was global Head of Business Information Management at a major investment bank where he managed an extensive content portfolio. His experience ranges from developing strategy and optimising services, to enhancing transparency and accountability to maximise value. Whilst in this role he created and maintained a peer to peer network of information managers across UK financial services.
Stephen contributed a chapter on resourcing strategies to the "The Emerald Handbook of Modern Information Management". He is also on the editorial board of Business Information Review; contributing articles and running their annual survey.
Stephen is a trustee of the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) and 2021 Conference Chair for SLA Europe, having previously served as Chapter President. He regularly participates in product advisory boards, industry think tanks, events and conferences.
Stephen can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Stephen Phillips:
Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
For many organisations settling into a post-pandemic operating environment, risk management is top of the agenda. Content licensing teams need to make the case for how information contributes to risk management. If you’re looking to influence these key internal discussions, Consulting on Content Portfolio could be the answer.
Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
Are you budgeting for 2022 yet? The internal discussions can be the trickiest, especially in the face of rising prices. Jinfo’s Consulting on Content Portfolio helps customers create a clear information investment philosophy stakeholders can understand.
Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
Tie the value of your content portfolio to commercial impact. Jinfo clients achieve this goal through our metrics-based methodology. The result? A metrics-backed perspective to strengthen negotiating positions and improve stakeholder engagement.
Address the hardest questions in content licensing
Monday, 23rd August 2021
Would you like to know how your peers wrestle with content licensing costs? Find out in Jinfo’s Community sessions.
Closing the value gap in portfolio management
Monday, 9th August 2021
The "ahas" come every day when we talk with content licensing teams. A recent call highlighted the benefits to both buyer and supplier when value is better defined.
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals
Monday, 18th October 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021