Martin Belam is Information Architect for guardian.co.uk. Before joining The Guardian, he worked as an Internet Consultant with organisations like the BBC, Sony, Vodafone and the Science Museum.
Martin also blogs about information architecture and the media at currybet.net and can be found on Twitter as @currybet.
Articles by Martin Belam:
Space shuttles and parrots: Providing incentives for collaboration and knowledge sharing
Tuesday, 20th March 2012
Can prizes encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing on the corporate intranet? ConocoPhillips and BP Amoco seem to think so.
Grovo's fresh approach to video tutorials
Wednesday, 14th March 2012
Video site Grovo is taking a new approach to providing tutorial content about the web - promising that their up-to-date content makes Google searches for similar topics look stale by comparison. But does it come at too high a price?
Do you have a social media risk strategy?
Wednesday, 7th March 2012
A recent study has suggested that many UK companies have a "chaotic" social media policy. Where can you find resources to help mitigate social media risk to your organisation?
Duedil.com ushers in a new era of open corporate data
Wednesday, 29th February 2012
For a long time the preserve of dusty legal and financial databases, services like Duedil and Openly Local are making the corporate financial data of the UK easier than ever for people to research on the web.
Who influences the influencers? Visualising Twitter
Wednesday, 22nd February 2012
Visualising Twitter networks is one way to help verify social media sources and pull presentable data out of the noise. But how do you go about doing it? Sam Martin has written up a great case study to help you learn.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021