Jenny Robertson is a Librarian specialising in corporate and public sector information. Based in Manchester, Jenny recently finished a contract at Rochdale MBC in Public Library Services. Prior to this she was the Technical Services Librarian at Booz & Company, a strategic consultancy in London. She was responsible for the library infrastructure, procurement and resource management as well as delivering end-user training on information tools, and supporting research enquiries.
Jenny started her library career in Scotland, working for, among others, the Scottish Science Library, Standard Life and Scottish Enterprise. A Chartered member of CILIP, she has been experimenting with social media and recently started a blog at http://iwwita-interestingquestion.blogspot.com/.
Articles by Jenny Robertson:
VIP Reviews MarketResearch.com's Profound
Wednesday, 20th June 2012
The June issue of VIP features a product review of MarketResearch.com Profound, the web-based market research procurement platform available by subscription.
Executive summary of product review of Profound
Tuesday, 19th June 2012
Profound is a web-based market research procurement service which aggregates research reports from nearly 200 publishers. Owned by MarketResearch.com, the product is accessed by pre-pay subscription and subscribers have the option to download individual tables, sections and chapters as well as full reports.
Product Review of Profound
Tuesday, 19th June 2012
Aimed at corporate subscribers, MarketResearch.com’s Profound is a subscription-based market research procurement service, aggregating information from a large number of market research publishers and across more than 700 industry segments worldwide.
Capital gains: Standard & Poor's Capital IQ
Monday, 23rd April 2012
The April issue of VIP features a product review of Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ, a web-based research platform for global public and private capital markets.
Executive summary of product review of S&P Capital IQ
Thursday, 19th April 2012
S&P Capital IQ is a web-based research platform that delivers information on global public and private capital markets. Designed with finance and business professionals in mind it allows users to monitor markets and their client relationships, and analyse investment opportunities and risk using a range of information in one interface.
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"Jinfo's Pillars of Service and Known Fors activities feed our overall mission and vision. Everything we do has to align with these, and if it doesn't, we ask the question, 'Why are we doing this?' We can communicate more effectively what we do and move away from the transactional view. Let me stress... there is a huge return on this work. It allows us to chart our own destiny." Director of Information Services, pharmaceutical industry
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021