Product Review of S&P Capital IQ
7th May 2015
S&P Capital IQ is a research, analysis and workflow tool, which provides information on more than 3 million companies worldwide. The platform is aimed at users in investment banking, investment management, private equity and venture capital, as well corporate, government and academic subscribers, and is particularly noteworthy for its highly structured company financial data as well as industry and other related data. The review starts with an introduction to the product and company and the value the platform offers.
- Looks at proprietary content created by the vendor's 4,000 analysts, including public and private company intelligence, investment research, executive profiles, news coverage and vast range of auditable financials. The technology assessment covers the diverse search options, the extensive alerting services offered, custom output formats and time-saving functionality.
- Covers product development and maturity of the platform and provides information on Capital IQ's differentiation from its main competitors Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters and FactSet and its main value points such as well-thought-out workflow capabilities.
Reviewed by Chris Porter
Update: A new review of this product is available here »
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product Review of S&P Capital IQ
- Pages: 24
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of S&P Capital IQ (Technology - Search & User Interface; Outputs & Alerts; Administration & Help)
Thursday, 30th April 2015
- Product Review of S&P Capital IQ (Sources - Content & Coverage)
Wednesday, 29th April 2015
- Product Review of S&P Capital IQ (Introduction; Value; Contact Details)
Tuesday, 28th April 2015
- Product review of EMIS Professional
Tuesday, 8th November 2016
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021