Chris Porter is director of Porter Walford Consulting, an organisation which specialises in market research, market size and share and competitor analysis relating to the information industry. Clients include some of the world"s leading information-intensive companies.
Chris is the co-author of a forthcoming report on global market size and share for Media Intelligence information and software services.
Chris previously worked for Dow Jones, Factiva and Reuters, analysing B2B and consumer information markets worldwide. Expertise includes corporate and legal, risk and compliance, financial and business and public relations and corporate communications markets.
Articles by Chris Porter:
Product review of Nexis Newsdesk (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 18th December 2020
In the final part of our product review of Nexis Newsdesk, media monitoring and analytics tool, we look at the value offered by the product and what help and training is available. We also offer an overview of the competitor landscape which includes Cision, Meltwater, InfoDesk, Manzama, Newsedge, and Ozmosys. We also look at future development plans and pricing.
Product review of Nexis Newsdesk (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 17th December 2020
In the third part of our product review of Nexis Newsdesk, media monitoring and analytics tool, we provide a comprehensive overview of its search features. We focus on the Analysis Builder, the dashboard and alerts as well as the output features.
Product review of Nexis Newsdesk (sources - content and coverage)
Wednesday, 16th December 2020
In the second part of our product review of Nexis Newsdesk, media monitoring and analytics tool, we give a detailed breakdown of the type and range of content provided, from both traditional and social media. We also include coverage of countries and languages.
Product review of Nexis Newsdesk (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 15th December 2020
In our product review of Nexis Newsdesk, media monitoring and analytics tool, we look at what's changed since our last review. In part one, we focus on the company and product, key users, and future product enhancements.
Full review in Subscription Report (PDF)
Use-cases for Dow Jones' Data, News & Analytics
Tuesday, 3rd March 2020
The Dow Jones Developer Platform, formerly known as Dow Jones DNA, launched in 2017 and gives organisations access to data, news and analytics from the company's services, including Factiva. We recently caught up with Niranjan Thomas, general manager of the developer platform and solution engineering at Dow Jones to find out more about the product, how it's used and how it fits with the "FAIR" use of data.
Reports by Chris Porter:
Product review of Nexis Newsdesk
Tuesday, 15th December 2020
Media monitoring and analytics tool, Nexis Newsdesk, is a pow...
Product review of LexisNexis Company Dossier
Monday, 14th October 2019
Our new in-depth product review of LexisNexis Company Dossier, a research database that provides information about companies, executives and industrie...
Product review of FT.com
Monday, 2nd September 2019
In Jinfo"s full product review of FT.com, the digital version of the Financial Times, one of the world"s leading providers of business intelligence, w...
Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk - A Moody's Analytics Company
Tuesday, 6th August 2019
Jinfo looked at Bureau van Dijk"s Fame, a company information database focused on the UK and Ireland, a few years ago and in this product review we ta...
Product review of Nexis
Wednesday, 13th March 2019
In this new product review of Nexis, a provider of premium global curated business, industry and news information, we take an in-depth look at how thi...
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - one process, three new tangible benefits
Thursday, 22nd July 2021
- Research update - resolve the frustrations of content portfolio management
Thursday, 8th July 2021
- Research update - what do you want to be known for?
Thursday, 17th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics) (Webinar) Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021