Product review of Nexis
13th March 2019
In this new product review of Nexis, a provider of premium global curated business, industry and news information, we take an in-depth look at how this global premium news database and research platform has evolved since our last full review in 2017 and plans for the future.
- Introduces Nexis and highlights the value the product offers
- Looks at its wide range of aggregated content, including some 26,000 licensed news and business sources and its web-crawled news with a 90-day archive, as well as the addition of a wider range of languages
- Examines new functionality, including its expanded output features
- Covers enhancements to its SmartIndexing feature
- Concludes with a general overview of product development and what future changes we can expect over the next few years
- It also covers its pricing model
- Highlights key competitor Factiva, as well as a range of related aggregators including EBSCO, ProQuest and Thomson Reuters.
By Chris Porter
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Nexis
- Pages: 26
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of FT.com (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Thursday, 5th September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 3rd September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Monday, 2nd September 2019
- Product review of Factiva (key advantages, introduction and contact details)
Monday, 12th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 8th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 7th August 2019
- Product review of Nexis (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Monday, 18th March 2019
- Product review of Nexis (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Friday, 15th March 2019
- Product review of Nexis (sources - content & coverage)
Thursday, 14th March 2019
- Product review of Nexis (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Wednesday, 13th March 2019
- Product review of FT.com
Monday, 2nd September 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Research update - bridging the gap between buyers and suppliers
Thursday, 25th March 2021
- Research update - our Community is your community, especially if you license content
Thursday, 11th March 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step one - set goals and priorities)
Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021