Product review of FT.com
2nd September 2019
In Jinfo's full product review of FT.com, the digital version of the Financial Times, one of the world's leading providers of business intelligence, we take a closer look at this well-established service that's used by a wide range of corporate customers, educational institutions, and governments.
- Introduces parent company, Nikkei Inc, publisher of Japan's leading business daily, The Nikkei and gives an overview of FT.com along with its key advantages, the value it offers, and contact details
- Looks at its global business content sourced from the FT's network of over 600 journalists, its news archive dating back to 2005, as well as some of its premium content
- Tests the platform's technology, including an appraisal of its user interface, search functionality, API support and the administrative component of the service
- Highlights the help and training available within the product
- Provides a comparative overview of its closest competitor, The Wall Street Journal, and how FT.com is continuing to make functionality enhancements to its service
- Outlines the pricing structure
- Gives a comprehensive appraisal of the service overall, highlighting areas that appealed to our reviewer and those that could be improved.
By Chris Porter
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of FT.com
- Pages: 22
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of FT.com (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Thursday, 5th September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 4th September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 3rd September 2019
- Product review of FT.com (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Monday, 2nd September 2019
- Q&A with Ozmosys - a mission to disrupt and simplify news aggregation
Thursday, 18th April 2019
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021