Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk - A Moody's Analytics Company
6th August 2019
Jinfo looked at Bureau van Dijk's Fame, a company information database focused on the UK and Ireland, a few years ago and in this product review we take an in-depth look at the company's flagship service, Orbis, a global company database that's used by government and financial institutions, accountants and corporations in a wide range of industries.
- Introduces parent company, Moody's Corporation, and gives an overview of Orbis including its key advantages, target audience, and specific use-cases, the value it offers, and contact details
- Takes a closer look at some of its key enhancements, including a significant overhaul of some of its most popular features and functions, and its more modern, intuitive interface, as well as future developments
- Looks at its content, particularly the breadth and depth of company data coverage, which includes data on over 310 million companies around the world with information drawn from more than 160 information providers
- Tests the platform's search technology, including an appraisal of its newly designed user interface and specialist content and news search functionality
- Highlights the newly revamped help area and the increased user support that is available within the product
- Outlines the pricing structure and identifies competitors, including Hoovers from Dun & Bradstreet, and DueDil, and highlights where Orbis differs
- Gives a comprehensive appraisal of the platform overall, highlighting areas that appealed to our reviewer and those that could be improved.
By Chris Porter
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk - A Moody's Analytics Company
- Pages: 20
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Mini review of Acquisdata and Reportal
Monday, 7th October 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (competitors; development; pricing)
Friday, 9th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Thursday, 8th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (sources - content & coverage)
Wednesday, 7th August 2019
- Product review of Orbis from Bureau van Dijk (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Tuesday, 6th August 2019
- Mini review of AnythingResearch - US industry and market data
Friday, 17th May 2019
- Product review of LexisNexis Company Dossier
Monday, 14th October 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021