Product review of S&P Capital IQ
2nd October 2017
The S&P Capital IQ platform is a web-based platform providing highly structured, in-depth financial data and information on over 63,000 public and 4.5 million private companies, as well as data on markets, industries and people. The platform provides sophisticated tools for analysis, idea generation, and workflow management.
- Introduces the company and product
- Identifies changes since our last review in 2015
- Goes into detail on the corporate and market data available including data history and quality checks and how the data is assembled
- Looks at data available on public companies and private companies as well as on people and at financial news included in the platform
- Identifies enhancements to the user experience and functionality since our last review in 2015
- Tests out features and content including search, executive biographies, company screening within Idea Generation, tearsheets and company quick reports
- Evaluates the overall value of the platform
- Investigates the help and training available
- Covers the competitor landscape including FactSet, Bloomberg, Eikon, Dun & Bradstreet and Bureau van Dijk
- Outlines the product maturity and development plans, including plans for S&P Global's new market intelligence platform
- Explains the pricing model.
Reviewed by Andrew Lucas.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Report title: Product review of S&P Capital IQ
- Pages: 22
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ (value - help & training; competitors; development; pricing)
Thursday, 5th October 2017
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 4th October 2017
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ (sources - content & coverage)
Tuesday, 3rd October 2017
- Product review of S&P Capital IQ (key advantages; introduction; contact details)
Monday, 2nd October 2017
- Bloomberg and the Viability of the Standalone Terminal
Wednesday, 7th October 2015
- Market landscape - private equity/venture capital resources
Wednesday, 14th March 2018
- Product review of AlphaSense
Tuesday, 13th March 2018
- Market landscape - company information sources
Tuesday, 20th February 2018
- Market landscape - expert networks for investment banking professionals
Wednesday, 24th January 2018
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021