Mark Faulkner, manager of the Solicitors Office Library at HM Revenue and Customs.
Mark managed HMRC"s Solicitors Office Library for a year and a half, having previously worked for Bank of England, Financial Services Authority (as was) and Department of Communities and Local Government (as is). Mark can be contacted on LinkedIn.
Articles by Mark Faulkner:
My Favourite Tipples from a tax law librarian
Thursday, 21st September 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Mark Faulkner, an information professional specialising in tax law. He shares his favourite resources in areas from Government web archives to tax legislation and case law.
In The Thick Of It: FreePint for Government Information Professionals
Friday, 25th October 2013
Mark Faulkner examines how FreePint can help information professionals in government organisations identify new sources, help review older sources in a new way and provide assistance in thinking about procurement decisions. He highlights articles covering topics from grey literature to identifying authoritative news sources and improving the value of content investments.
Creating information packages that pay - A VIP Editorial
Monday, 23rd April 2012
I can see why I was asked to offer my views in this issue’s editorial as the products reviewed – Digimind and S&P Capital IQ – are certainly pertinent to the work of the financial regulator I am currently employed by.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021