Dr Phil Hastings
Dr Phil Hastings is the senior vice president of sales and marketing based at Linguamatics" Cambridge headquarters and has over 20 years of experience in the scientific information and software industries. He worked for a number of years in commercial and product management roles for scientific, technical and medical content providers John Wiley and Sons and the Thomson Corporation. Prior to joining Linguamatics, Phil spent over five years at Accelrys, a leading provider of molecular modelling and informatics software, in product marketing and business development roles. Phil holds a PhD from the University of Nottingham. Phil was recruited by Linguamatics in 2004 to take its text mining solutions to market, and has overall responsibility for business development including sales, marketing and strategic alliances.
Articles by Dr Phil Hastings:
Big Data: Providing Speed to Insight
Tuesday, 28th May 2013
The true value of big data is the ability to analyse large datasets and in a competitive business environment the time required to reach this analysis is critical. During a recent interview with Dr Phil Hastings, SVP of Marketing for Linguamatics, we came away with some practical examples of how text mining can be used to achieve "speed to insight".
Big Data: Speed to Insight, an Interview with Linguamatics
Tuesday, 28th May 2013
Natural language processing-based text mining is a powerful application for mining big data in the healthcare and pharmaceutical arena, for example. FreePint's series producer Victor Camlek interviews Linguamatics to find out why its flagship product I2E is used by top commercial, academic and government organisations and how it helps them to get the answers to highly sophisticated questions.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021