Azfarul Islam wants to help people cross the digital divide towards a new way of working: smarter, and never harder. He uses his expertise to architect creative and sustainable solutions to problems involving the interaction of people and technology, and likes to employ a scientific mindset for data analysis to explore and expose valuable insight. Azfarul enjoys communicating through both words and visuals to keep his audience engaged. He is on Twitter: @azfarul
Articles by Azfarul Islam:
My Favourite Tipples from a digital strategy consultant
Wednesday, 25th January 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Azfarul Islam, a digital strategy consultant specialising in human-friendly products and future workspaces (usually for financial services). He shares his favourite online sources that help people work smarter, not harder.
The Value of Authenticity and Transparency in the Social Enterprise
Wednesday, 19th February 2014
Consider a scenario where the latest financial report contains bad news. It's all very well to talk about the numbers as they are, but there is also an opportunity to discuss areas for improvement, plans for a better future and cast a softer light on harsh tidings. This is storytelling in action and at the heart of communicating within a social enterprise, explains Azfarul Islam.
Social Technologies: Communicating Value through Storytelling
Tuesday, 18th February 2014
Telling stories is an integral part of human culture, and has been a means of passing information, knowledge and teachings from individual to individual, generation to generation since time immemorial. Azfarul Islam identifies how stories can be used to capture and express value in the modern social enterprise, and how they can be a means for eliciting buy-in and augmenting adoption of enterprise collaboration instead of hypothetical use cases.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021