Mary Ellen Bercik
Mary Ellen Bercik has been working in high tech research for 20+ years at top Silicon Valley companies such as Cisco, Apple, HP, and McKinsey. Currently she works at Symantec Corporation as a Senior Manager of Product and Customer Insights. Mary Ellen is an expert researcher in a wide range of methods and applications: custom research design and implementation, competitive and market intelligence, data analysis and forecasting and syndicated/analyst research. In her spare time she likes to travel, spend time in her garden, cook, study Italian, and develop her creative writing skills.
Articles by Mary Ellen Bercik:
Concluding the FreePint Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence
Monday, 7th July 2014
Series producer Mary Ellen Bercik reflects on the FreePint Topic Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence as the series draws to a close. She highlights the key issues and challenges covered, from core CI competencies to the importance of data presentation and making the most of in-house knowledge.
Competitive Intelligence, Discovery and the Pharma Industry
Friday, 20th June 2014
Mary Ellen Bercik highlights key articles from the recently launched FreePint Topic Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence. Recent articles have focused on use of competitive intelligence techniques in the pharma and life sciences industry as well as future trends in CI and how the discipline is evolving to become increasingly strategic.
Introducing the FreePint Topic Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence
Thursday, 1st May 2014
With the new FreePint Topic Series: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence launching, series producer Mary Ellen Bercik provides a preview of article topics from data collection to data analysis, and effective communication of insights. She also highlights the upcoming reviews.
Reports by Mary Ellen Bercik:
FreePint Report: Next-Generation Competitive Intelligence
Wednesday, 23rd July 2014
This collection of FreePint articles on the topic of Competitive Intelligence (CI) covers those included in the FreePint Topic Series: Next-Generation...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021