Mark Dunn is the due diligence segment leader for Risk & Compliance at LexisNexis. He is responsible for product management and development of the LexisNexis Business Information Solutions due diligence applications. He is the spokesman on Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and sanctions compliance. He is also responsible for helping to shape the LexisNexis Risk and Compliance strategy and business development.
Mark joined LexisNexis in 2000 following the acquisition of Financial Times Information. He developed the Lexis Diligence application used by banks, law firms and accountants to conduct enhanced customer due diligence for Anti-Money Laundering compliance and by global institutions for anti-bribery & corruption investigations. Mark is a regular speaker at industry events and has written extensively for industry journals.
Articles by Mark Dunn:
Due Diligence - Fighting Corruption
Tuesday, 26th August 2014
Mark Dunn describes the key elements of effective due diligence, including Simplified Due Diligence for "low risk" clients and Enhanced Due Diligence for "high risk" prospective clients or third-parties.
Due Diligence - from Business Burden to Business Benefit
Tuesday, 19th August 2014
Organisations face growing legal and reputational risks associated with doing business. These risks have become even more significant because of mounting pressure from regulators and an increase in business carried out in higher risk jurisdictions. Increasingly complex business regulations such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act ensure that companies thoroughly examine third-party relationships to tackle the risk of money laundering, bribery and corruption and sanctions regimes. Mark Dunn looks at what the law says regarding Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and how organisations can mitigate the risk of becoming involved in corruption through third parties (e.g. agents, suppliers) by implementing a simplified or Enhanced Due Diligence process.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021