Due Diligence - from Business Burden to Business Benefit
19th August 2014
By Mark Dunn
Organisations face growing legal and reputational risks associated with doing business. These risks have become even more significant because of mounting pressure from regulators and an increase in business carried out in higher risk jurisdictions. Increasingly complex business regulations such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the UK Bribery Act ensure that companies thoroughly examine third-party relationships to tackle the risk of money laundering, bribery and corruption and sanctions regimes. Mark Dunn looks at what the law says regarding Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and how organisations can mitigate the risk of becoming involved in corruption through third parties (e.g. agents, suppliers) by implementing a simplified or Enhanced Due Diligence process.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Due Diligence - from Business Burden to Business Benefit
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Q&A with Dow Jones - Weathering the Perfect Storm of Compliance Legislation
Friday, 8th August 2014
- KYC Survey Findings from Dow Jones, KPMG and Thomson Reuters
Wednesday, 6th August 2014
- Understanding Politically Exposed Persons & Their Associated Risks: Part 1
Wednesday, 30th October 2013
- The Global Regulatory Environment: Regulatory Risks for Businesses
Thursday, 10th October 2013
- Delving into KYC - Management Responsibility, Data Utility, Monitoring Efficiency
Wednesday, 6th August 2014
- The Complexities of Politically Exposed Persons
Friday, 1st November 2013
- Go Forth with (Due) Diligence
Friday, 28th June 2013
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021