Sally Roberts is a consultant with 3Kites Consulting - a consultancy that provides the professional services sector with fresh thinking based on its unique combination of legal and IT skills and experience.
Sally began her career in legal publishing, working on the provision of online legal services and specialist products for lawyers as part of Thomson Reuters.
More recently, in Sally"s role as senior knowledge manager at London law firm Macfarlanes LLP, she was responsible for the strategic development of knowledge solutions including the firm"s intranet, know how database, enterprise search and social collaboration platforms.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Sally Roberts:
Making Sure the Right Experts are Involved in Decision-Making
Tuesday, 9th February 2016
Decision-making within the workplace is often a complex and drawn-out process. There can be multiple moving parts, conflicting stakeholder interests to consider, and interpersonal issues as well as technical and practical considerations. Identifying the right people to be involved in decision-making can also be a challenge. It can be difficult not to listen to those who shout the loudest, but to identify those have the expertise to assess the decision in hand. Sally Roberts discusses decision-making, how identifying experts and having the right documentation in place can help support this process, and how to create a constructive meeting room environment to aid decision-making. In particular, we look at decisions about the replacement of IT systems.
Identifying the Real Problems with Search
Friday, 13th March 2015
Sally Roberts explains how to identify the real problems users face when searching and looks at two main types of search: recovery, where the user knows specifically what they are looking for; and discovery, where the search is aimed at finding information on a particular topic.
Blending Internal & External Resources for an Improved Search Experience
Thursday, 12th March 2015
Many organisations are under increasing pressure to increase efficiency across every area of their business to ensure their competitive advantage. At the same time, information-heavy organisations are struggling under the mass of data they grow and acquire day in and day out, with employees working with often out of date research tools and databases when trying to navigate through these resources. Focusing on federated search technology, Sally Roberts looks at how search can be used to improve access to internal and external information and what to consider when implementing a solution.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021