Phil Bradley is an internet consultant, trainer and author who has worked in this field for 20 years. He"s well known for his work in the areas of search engines and social media. Clients range from school librarians to corporate, government, charity and public library information professionals. He regularly speaks at national and international conferences on different aspects of the Internet, and also writes two blogs on search and social media.
Phil is a past president of CILIP. When not working his interests include reading, American history, photography and walking his dog. You can find him on Twitter @philbradley
Articles by Phil Bradley:
Improve Training by Tapping into New Technology
Monday, 22nd June 2015
Phil Bradley considers the changing world of training and why it's essential to keep up with the latest technology developments - whether running a training course or keeping your own skills up to date.
How to Create a Training Video in No Time At All
Thursday, 18th June 2015
Phil Bradley explains why videos are an increasingly important part of the trainer's armoury. His article explores what you need to know and what equipment you need before you start filming. He also looks at some of the best resources for online video training, screen recording software, and identifies some of the best apps to enable you to record and edit direct from mobile devices.
Crafting a Compelling Presentation
Wednesday, 13th May 2015
Presentations don't need to be dull PowerPoint fests. Phil Bradley has been providing information skills training for many years and gives a taste of different ways to make PowerPoint presentations more exciting and how to liven up training sessions for information skills.
Create Engaging and Memorable Presentations by Going Beyond PowerPoint
Thursday, 7th May 2015
Phil Bradley considers some of the different ways in which people can create presentations. Rather than be constrained by the limitations of the PowerPoint software package there are many other tools from Prezi to Powtoon and Animoto that are freely available on the internet. These not only allow you to produce more interesting and visually exciting presentations whether in slide, video or timeline format, they can help you overcome the slide/bullet point approach which is becoming more hackneyed by the day.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021