Jennifer E. Burke is president of IntelliCraft Research LLC, a strategic marketing consultancy for libraries, in Philadelphia. She"s a former advertising executive and now a trainer to libraries on strategic storytelling. She holds a BS in Communications with a TV/Film minor from Northwestern University, an MSLIS from Drexel University, and spent five years as an IMLS Fellow in Drexel"s Information Studies PhD program. She"s the president of the board of directors for the nonprofit Library Marketing Conference Group. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and can be followed on Twitter at @TheInfoHound.
Articles by Jennifer Burke:
How to develop and improve your presentation skills
Monday, 1st April 2019
Information professionals inform, educate, and persuade internal and external audiences as a natural part of their jobs. You will have opportunities for public speaking and making presentations, whether to small groups for a "lunch and learn", internally to your organisation to pitch new services, or at an event in front of hundreds of your peers. Trust in your ability to deliver expert services is enhanced if your speaking and presentation skills reflect preparation, polish, and confidence. This article offers practical tips for crafting better presentations and speaking with ease.
My Favourite Tipples from a strategic marketing consultant
Wednesday, 19th October 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Jennifer E. Burke, president of IntelliCraft Research LLC., (also known online by her alter ego, The InfoHound). She shares some favourite online tools for marketing communications.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021