Arthur Robbins is library and information centre manager at Roche, a pharmaceutical company based in Welwyn Garden City. He has a particular interest in digitisation, virtual libraries, information seeking behaviour and online repositories although he still has a "soft spot" for more traditional library skills and works on collection development and stock audits, information enquiries and cataloguing in his current role. Arthur also worked in the public libraries sector before moving into corporate life in 2014.
Articles by Arthur Robbins:
Chatbot software in a pharmaceutical company
Monday, 26th November 2018
How can the pharmaceutical industry implement chatbots? This article looks at one company's experience of working through and implementing a chatbot to handle medical information enquiries and discusses some of the issues to consider, such as partnering, regulatory considerations, implementation and lessons learned.
Top hacks for gaining greater visibility for information skills
Friday, 24th February 2017
Libraries offer great resources but they are only useful if users are aware of them. Furthermore, it can be difficult to promote resources to non-library users. The library and information centre at Roche Products Limited sought to resolve this problem with The Library Channel, which hosts a series of short videos. Read how these videos positively impacted their online presence as well as increasing library visits and face-to-face enquiries.
My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
Wednesday, 14th December 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Arthur Robbins, the library and information centre manager at the Roche offices in Hertfordshire. In the ever-changing pharmaceutical industry, library and information professionals must stay a step ahead to enable their users to innovate. He shares his favourite online resources in areas from video to collaboration.
Latest in this Focus: Scorecards. Use Jinfo's step-by-step methodology to craft scorecards to strengthen negotiations, communicate with stakeholders, compare value of products and manage your portfolio more strategically.
What's your priority?
Use our self-assessment worksheet to determine your pathway towards more strategic portfolio management:
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - solve three problems when you develop scorecards
Thursday, 6th May 2021
- Research update - start with scorecards - adapt and adopt, for far-reaching benefit
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Research update - the content licensing "dream team"
Thursday, 8th April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step four - document scores)
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step three - design your scoring system)
Wednesday, 21st April 2021
- Crafting a scorecard (step two - select components)
Thursday, 15th April 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Community deck - pricing models for information and data licensing
Monday, 8th March 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Scorecards - designing and documenting scoring systems (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Scorecards - setting goals and priorities (Webinar) Tuesday, 20th April 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021