My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
Wednesday, 14th December 2016
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Arthur Robbins, the library and information centre manager at the Roche offices in Hertfordshire. In the ever-changing pharmaceutical industry, library and information professionals must stay a step ahead to enable their users to innovate. He shares his favourite online resources in areas from video to collaboration.
I'm library and information centre manager at Roche, a pharmaceutical company based in Welwyn Garden City, as well as the more traditional aspects of information management, much of my role is about creating engaging content to attract users to our high quality resources, and looking at tools which just make life easier.
- Spark Video: Originally called Adobe Voice, this app is available on the iPad and desktop. It has to be the most simple video creation software I have ever used. All the content provided is licensed for reuse, so simply fire up the app, record your voice, add some music and pictures and you have yourself a video ready to go viral.
- Canva: I am terrible at art. Awful. I dreaded creating posters, flyers and wordles for our library events. However with Canva you can use free graphic design software and templates to make everything look professional. Some content is Pay As You Go but with the right search terms you can find a design to suit your needs.
- IFTT: Also known as If This Then That. A brilliant little app that runs in the background linking your favourite apps and services together with a little program called an Applet. You can link anything together, for example you can send yourself a text when your weather app forecasts rain. You can switch your heating on when you enter or leave a specific location. I personally have mine set up to send me an urgent email everytime I add something to my Notes app. It's been a lifesaver.
- Padlet: Padlet is a quick and informal way to collaborate. I like to use Padlet at company inductions as a Q&A. New starters can anonymously ask questions by writing little interactive Post-it notes. You can add sound and images too if you like and all changes are autosaved. There's no need for people to log in either as long as you have shared the link.
- Lifecake: The resource I like to use for fun is Lifecake. As a new father I can upload and share a massive amount of photos with family. Better, all photos are displayed chronologically so you can watch your little one grow.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- A Jinfo article I recently found interesting was "Revolutionising big pharma with big data, visualisation and analytics" by Michelle Maxwell. Big data is a hot topic amongst information professionals in the pharma industry and trying to leverage this information into an edge.
Contribute Your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a pharma information centre manager
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Revolutionising big pharma with big data, visualisation and analytics
Friday, 25th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a business analytics professional
Wednesday, 30th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a Twitter research expert
Thursday, 17th November 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from an enquiry answering expert
Thursday, 3rd November 2016
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: