Sam is the information manager at Warwick Capital Partners. He has spent the last 10 years on the buy-side, and more broadly, has been working in information management since 2002. He has an MSc in Information and Knowledge Management from London Metropolitan University. He can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles by Sam Luton:
Benchmarking through the finance lens
Thursday, 27th September 2018
Information teams in financial firms have specific concerns relating to that industry and this was reflected in a recent Community session which looked at benchmarking data and how this year's results shed light on best practice in the financial services and insurance arenas.
What's the likely impact of MiFID II on financial research?
Tuesday, 6th February 2018
With the era of MiFID II still in its infancy, its likely impact on the investment research sector remains unclear. This article attempts to shed some light on where the industry is now, a month into the new regime, and where it is likely to go in the future.
Building the mosaic - resources used inside buy-side funds to support the investment process
Friday, 19th January 2018
The process of building an investment case within a buy-side fund is often thought of as being like piecing together a mosaic from many tiny fragments of information. This article provides a whistle-stop tour through a range of resources commonly used by firms to help their analysts find the relevant pieces.
Changing information sources in investment banks - impact of MiFID II
Thursday, 9th February 2017
The forthcoming Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) regulation will have a significant impact on the research landscape in the finance industry and information professionals working in the sector need to prepare themselves now for the changes coming into force in January 2018.
Reports by Sam Luton:
Market landscape - expert networks for investment banking professionals
Wednesday, 24th January 2018
In this market landscape, we look at five products in the field of expert networks for investment banking professionals:
- GLG (Gerson...
Market landscape - information sources in investment banks
Tuesday, 21st March 2017
This market landscape gives an overview of seven research aggregation products of interest to investment banks:
- Alpha Exchange
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Portfolio value is an inside job
Thursday, 23rd September 2021
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021