Richard Lowe is director of training and digital learning solutions at Hewlett Rand.
Richard has spent over 20 years specialising in training & development. As a former head of learning & development, Richard was responsible for people development for strategic change, executive, management and staff training for companies such as Unum, Orange and the AA. For the last 10 years, Richard has been director of Hewlett Rand, a training and digital learning consultancy which works with all sizes of businesses from multinationals to corporates and SMEs. For more information visit http://www.hrandtrainingsolutions.co.uk/. Richard can also be contacted via LinkedIn.
Articles by Richard Lowe:
Aligning information team and personal training requirements
Friday, 16th February 2018
The role of the information centre is to provide the right information, to the right people at the right time. This is a strategically critical role within every organisation, and in certain sectors provides a competitive advantage. To maintain credibility and add value to stakeholders, information teams must develop their skills to keep pace with industry changes, business and the wider world. This article explains how to evaluate and develop the needs of your information team and suggests an outline training plan structure on how to devise and align team and personal development requirements.
Using gamification design to improve engagement
Thursday, 8th February 2018
Gamification is becoming increasingly important in the workplace and this article looks at its history and how it's currently being applied by companies. It also offers some tips on what to think about if you're considering incorporating gamification projects within your organisation.
My Favourite Tipples from a digital learning expert
Wednesday, 19th April 2017
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Richard Lowe, director of training & digital learning at Hewlett Rand who shares a few of his favourite "go to" places to source information that help his research for training, business and exports.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021