My Favourite Tipples from a digital learning expert
Wednesday, 19th April 2017
By Richard Lowe
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Richard Lowe, director of training & digital learning at Hewlett Rand who shares a few of his favourite "go to" places to source information that help his research for training, business and exports.
Having grown Hewlett Rand over the last ten years, I've helped both local and international businesses to tailor strategies and programmes to meet the training needs for their staff and elearning requirements. This requires me to research information on a wide variety of topics and subjects alongside working with internal and external subject matter experts to design learning content.
From time to time I need to gather research for my own business decisions and more recently to support our online learning export services into the Hong Kong market.
Here are my top go-to resources:
- Institute of Directors: One of the member services I have valued greatly from being a member of the IoD for the last ten years is the Business Information service. Simply send a brief with the detailed research you require and within 24 hours you will receive links, reports and articles related to what you need. This saves you time surfing the net.
- Mindtools: Free practical, straightforward, content you can use to excel in your career. This content can help you become more effective as a manager. The site offers useful concepts and techniques but shouldn't replace the value of attending face-to-face learning.
- Businessballs: Similarly, this a useful site for general learning which some may find useful for tips and refresher training.
- Department for International Trade: The DIT website is a great place to start researching export markets for your services. There's a wealth of information for you to begin to look at where and how to begin your export journey. My own tips are here: Exporting - Top Ten Tips
- Grammarly: I recently downloaded the free version of Grammarly which is a brilliant browser tool for checking and proofreading your written online copy. Especially useful when writing online articles or materials in the cloud.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- As a specialist in elearning and digital learning solutions, I found Jinfo's recent "Market landscape - online learning systems" of special relevance. This is an area that's fast growing and it's useful to get an overview of some of the platforms suited to enterprise use.
Contribute your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a digital learning expert
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- My Favourite Tipples from a research manager
Thursday, 6th April 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from an organisational learning consultant
Wednesday, 22nd March 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from a US military information professional
Wednesday, 8th March 2017
- Market landscape - online learning systems
Wednesday, 22nd February 2017
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: