My Favourite Tipples from a digital learning expert
Wednesday, 19th April 2017
By Richard Lowe
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Richard Lowe, director of training & digital learning at Hewlett Rand who shares a few of his favourite "go to" places to source information that help his research for training, business and exports.
Having grown Hewlett Rand over the last ten years, I've helped both local and international businesses to tailor strategies and programmes to meet the training needs for their staff and elearning requirements. This requires me to research information on a wide variety of topics and subjects alongside working with internal and external subject matter experts to design learning content.
From time to time I need to gather research for my own business decisions and more recently to support our online learning export services into the Hong Kong market.
Here are my top go-to resources:
- Institute of Directors: One of the member services I have valued greatly from being a member of the IoD for the last ten years is the Business Information service. Simply send a brief with the detailed research you require and within 24 hours you will receive links, reports and articles related to what you need. This saves you time surfing the net.
- Mindtools: Free practical, straightforward, content you can use to excel in your career. This content can help you become more effective as a manager. The site offers useful concepts and techniques but shouldn't replace the value of attending face-to-face learning.
- Businessballs: Similarly, this a useful site for general learning which some may find useful for tips and refresher training.
- Department for International Trade: The DIT website is a great place to start researching export markets for your services. There's a wealth of information for you to begin to look at where and how to begin your export journey. My own tips are here: Exporting - Top Ten Tips
- Grammarly: I recently downloaded the free version of Grammarly which is a brilliant browser tool for checking and proofreading your written online copy. Especially useful when writing online articles or materials in the cloud.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- As a specialist in elearning and digital learning solutions, I found Jinfo's recent "Market landscape - online learning systems" of special relevance. This is an area that's fast growing and it's useful to get an overview of some of the platforms suited to enterprise use.
Contribute your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a digital learning expert
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- My Favourite Tipples from a research manager
Thursday, 6th April 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from an organisational learning consultant
Wednesday, 22nd March 2017
- My Favourite Tipples from a US military information professional
Wednesday, 8th March 2017
- Market landscape - online learning systems
Wednesday, 22nd February 2017
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: