Victoria is an experienced proofreader and web content writer, having worked successfully in the sector for 14 years. A freelancer since 2006, Victoria has worked mainly in digital media in the technology field for private companies and government agencies.
Most recently, Victoria was the web news editor and customer newsletter writer for Innovate UK, the UK"s technology innovation agency. Prior to that Victoria worked as a freelance sub-editor for TechRadar website, which provides world-renowned reviews and buying advice on the latest technology.
With a keen eye for detail, Victoria has spent many years helping companies to perfect their web copy. In recent years Victoria also trained to write for GOV.UK, and before that undertook the Chapterhouse proofreading course.
Articles by Victoria Alford:
Researchstream - reinventing research management
Wednesday, 11th July 2018
Find out what prompted us to explore Researchstream from Evalueserve, a web-based platform for research and information team managers, which seeks to replace old workflow systems.
NewsEdge - what makes it stand out?
Wednesday, 13th June 2018
What's new and improved since our last product review of NewsEdge in 2016?
African research - how one organisation is bringing it out of hiding
Thursday, 31st May 2018
Jinfo recently interviewed Susan Murray, the executive director of African Journals OnLine (AJOL) - find out why we were particularly interested in this non-profit organisation.
Catch up on Jinfo for your role today
Monday, 14th May 2018
Find out what's most relevant to information managers responsible for content purchasing, information strategy and optimising a research team, from setting aside time for strategy to service reengineering.
Data analytics and licensing, and the role of information professionals
Monday, 14th May 2018
Find out how Jinfo's resources relevant to data analytics could help you develop a use-case, get to the heart of licensing matters and ensure you're involved in organisation-wide projects.
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021