Barbara Reissland spent 12 years in information centres in the pharmaceutical industry before setting up her own business in 2009. She is now a consultant, project manager and trainer. She is frequently organising conferences for the Pharma Working Group for Information & Documentation (PAID.de) and the German Association of Information Professionals (DGI). Barbara has a Master"s degree in Political Sciences and English Literature from the Philipps University of Marburg, as well as a Master in Information and Knowledge Management from the University of Hannover.
Articles by Barbara Reissland:
How to optimise resources and influence your content budget
Friday, 15th June 2018
In larger organisations, one of the most significant budget items for an information centre is external content. This is a largely misunderstood cost as many perceive digital content to be cheaper than print. In this article Barbara Reissland takes a look at how to prove the ROI and value of externally published content as a resource, through elements such as usage statistics and other metrics.
Innovation and development at UCB
Monday, 19th March 2018
UCB's Scientific Information Service (SIS) held a Futures conference in 2017 for its users and select vendors to explore emerging ideas and technologies in the areas of content access and procurement. The conference was invitation-only, to make it more compelling for users to attend and keep it to a manageable size. It consisted of an introductory keynote, break-out sessions and short presentations covering relevant topics and this article looks at what was learnt as well as offering some practical next steps to help your organisation if wanting to plan a similar conference.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021