Jacqueline Beattie joined the Jinfo team in 2019 as an R&D Manager. Since graduating with a Library and Information Studies degree from Loughborough University, Jacqueline has spent many years as an information professional in various roles in a variety of sectors. This includes several blue-chip companies, public sector and not-for-profit organisations.
Jacqueline is passionate about many aspects of information and knowledge management, with a particular interest in content purchasing.
A popular speaker at UK and international events, she also co-authored the Business Information Review best article for 2015.
Articles by Jacqueline Beattie:
Managing your portfolio as part of your strategy (part three - communicating with stakeholders)
Wednesday, 30th October 2019
In the final part of our report on managing the content portfolio as part of your strategy, we look at the importance of communication with stakeholders, including the different types of stakeholders and how to develop good relationships with them so you can help them understand the importance of a strategically managed content portfolio.
Managing your portfolio as part of your strategy (part two - segment the portfolio)
Tuesday, 29th October 2019
In part one of our report on managing your portfolio as part of your strategy, we looked at the importance of aligning your content portfolio to the goals of your organisation. In part two we look more closely at the challenges involved, including how to segment the portfolio and highlight key performance indicators, document resources to support value, demonstrate the impact of the content portfolio and create an innovative environment, as well as practical next steps.
Managing your portfolio as part of your strategy (part one - where to start)
Monday, 28th October 2019
Managing the content portfolio is an important part of the overall information management strategy. How best to do this is the subject of the first part of our report where we look at how to align your content portfolio with the business goals of the organisation. Whilst these goals will differ for every organisation, in part one we focus on efficiency, innovation and revenue growth and highlight some practical next steps you can take to move forward.
Reports by Jacqueline Beattie:
Jinfo model - managing your portfolio as part of your strategy
Thursday, 24th October 2019
A key priority for the information centre is managing the content portfolio as part of the overall information management strategy. This involves mana...
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021