Tara Murray is Librarian for Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures at Penn State. Previously, she has served as Director of Information Services and Librarian for the American Philatelic Research Library in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, the world"s largest library dedicated to stamp collecting and postal history, where she oversaw the renovation of new space for the library and developed the library"s first digital collections. She has an MLIS from the University of Pittsburgh and a BA in German Studies from Bard College. Tara was recognised as a Fellow of the Special Libraries Association in 2017 and will serve as President of SLA in 2020.
Articles by Tara Murray:
Introverts as consultants
Tuesday, 12th November 2019
There are many so-called "introverts" working within the information world and their specific skill set is valuable but, being a people profession, skills in extroversion are just as important. This article looks at some practical strategies you can adopt to help you become more extrovert and step outside of your comfort zone.
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021