Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
As we look forward to 2021, let us know what projects you’re most looking forward to and what challenges lie ahead - complete our two-question survey.
Please answer our two-question survey about what you think lies ahead in 2021:
1. What opportunities, projects or challenges are you most looking forward to? For example:
- New audiences or services
- Technology adoption and evolution
2. What are your biggest concerns for 2021? For example:
- Changing supplier relationships
- Shifting stakeholder priorities
- Capacity compared with demand.
Submit your responses now and help shape our thinking and research agenda moving forward.
Jinfo is aiming for "must have"
The disruptions this year prompted us to take a hard look at what constitutes "must have", and we're particularly proud of two developments:
- Our Focus on Value Chain provides a flexible methodology to measure the value of information products and services in organisations, based on a decade of our research, trial and revision.
- Our Community sessions have become invaluable, based on our unique ability to create interactive peer group dialogue online. Last week's Negotiation clinic involved role-playing, and was both fun and incredibly eye-opening for all of us.
Coming in early 2021:
- A holistic "Focus on Content Portfolio", along with the next iteration of our "Focus on Information Centre of Excellence".
- An enhanced experience on Jinfo's website, including embedded report viewing and improved search.
Uncertainty ahead? Absolutely. But you're not alone.
When you need fresh, proven ideas, dialogue with smart peers and a new perspective on opportunities in information strategy, Jinfo is here to help.
This item was featured in the most recent Jinfo Newsletter. The Jinfo Newsletter brings you updates on Jinfo's research, latest resources and tips. If you're not yet receiving it, register here (free).
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: