My Favourite Tipples from a head of knowledge and research services
Wednesday, 22nd June 2016
By Anne Rogers
My Favourite Tipples are shared by Anne Rogers, director, knowledge and research services at Cargill's InfoCenter. She shares her favourite online resources in areas from knowledge management to current awareness and basketball.
My role as director, knowledge and research services at Cargill's InfoCenter gives me an opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas, Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. I regularly read a wide range of sources. Key interest areas at present are knowledge management (KM), innovation, and business process improvement.
Here are My Favourite Tipples:
- Twitter: My Twitter feed is about evenly divided between professional thought leaders, news and Indiana University (IU) Basketball, I also subscribe to the IU "Assembly Call" podcast. It is quite amazing to me how fast Twitter on my smartphone has taken over as my primary tool for news, professional content and entertainment. I think the last time I picked up a magazine was in the dentist's office.
- Nick Milton @nickknoco: Thought provoking ideas about effective application of KM tools and principles. I also read his blog posts and this is currently my favourite knowledge management resource as he has a very practical approach.
- Special Libraries Association (SLA) KM Listserv (firstname.lastname@example.org): Great for discussing knowledge management ideas with others in information services.
I also scan a wide array of news sources and have company subscriptions to the Economist, WSJ and the Financial Times.
An article in Jinfo which I found particularly interesting:
- I really like insights from Jinfo's director of research, Robin Neidorf, and her team's research on the future of information, the webinars that share "what we've learned" and address hot topics like "Making Information Visible" - and the reports which come out of them, like this one from the "News, and Beyond" Topic Series.
There are a lot of pretty fundamental and rapidly moving changes in the way information is produced and consumed and I find Jinfo a great resource, between the newsletters and articles and webinars I expect I consume Jinfo's expertise at least once a week.
Contribute Your "My Favourite Tipples"
- Blog post title: My Favourite Tipples from a head of knowledge and research services
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- My Favourite Tipples from a Market Intelligence Specialist
Wednesday, 8th June 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a Business & Technology Consultant
Wednesday, 18th May 2016
- My Favourite Tipples from a Creative Technologist
Wednesday, 4th May 2016
- FreePint Report: News, and Beyond
Thursday, 29th January 2015
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021
Our proven processes, resources and guidance will help your team make the shift from transaction centre to strategic asset.
Designed around the most common challenges and pain points for time- and resource-strapped information teams
A tailored overview of our research and active discussion with your Jinfo analyst.
Measure your starting point to articulate your strengths and set priorities for future improvements. Assessments gauge risk, capacity, value and more.
Read case studies, and start the conversation: