Learning to speak "stakeholder": Communicating value to your stakeholders
5th April 2012
By Scott Brown
This third and final article of the series shares ideas for, and examples of, “speaking the language” of stakeholders – communicating to them in a way that has impact and meaning. The article also discusses ideas for illustrating value to stakeholders, via both quantitative and qualitative methods, including a brief discussion of return on investment (ROI).
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Learning to speak "stakeholder": Communicating value to your stakeholders
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Developing a communication plan for stakeholders
Thursday, 1st March 2012
- Identifying stakeholders: A primer for anyone with stakeholders (and that's everyone)
Thursday, 9th February 2012
- Managing stakeholder relationships - the importance of cognitive behaviour
Thursday, 1st September 2011
- OrgIntel: Organisational intelligence for finding and influencing your stakeholders
Friday, 1st July 2011
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021