The Online Information Researcher of 2014: Beyond News Aggregation
25th October 2013
Rachael Elliott looks into the changing landscape of business information sources from the days of the microfiche to the wealth of free information available on the web and gives the pros and cons some of the current news aggregation tools such Google News, M-Brain, RSS feeds and Twitter. She encourages us to go beyond the "usual suspects" for our business information news and to not to write off social media as an information source.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: The Online Information Researcher of 2014: Beyond News Aggregation
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Product Review of M-Adaptive: Executive Summary
Tuesday, 22nd October 2013
- Market Map: the Options in News Aggregation & Beyond
Thursday, 10th October 2013
- News Aggregation Solution Gives City Law Firm RPC a Competitive Edge
Monday, 7th October 2013
- The Story Behind the Headline - Twitter and Google Aim for the Truth
Monday, 2nd September 2013
- Beyond the Pale: Researching Non-Text Resources and Grey Literature
Wednesday, 12th June 2013
- The Big Free Three for News: Sources, Coverage and Content
Tuesday, 25th September 2012
- FreePint Series Keeps You On Top of the Changing Landscape in News Aggregation
Monday, 14th October 2013
"I never before fully appreciated the role the information service plays in R&D productivity and innovation. This isn't something that benefits our department; this is something that benefits the whole of R&D."
You can make the impact of information on successful R&D visible and measurable, with Value Chain analysis.
Let us help you map Jinfo's Focus areas to your particular challenges with information strategy and operations.
- Gain confidence and trust through new vocabulary
Wednesday, 13th October 2021
- Manage your content portfolio for risk
Monday, 11th October 2021
- Is your content advisory board primed for strategy in 2022?
Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing
Thursday, 30th September 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021