A View Inside Library Outsourcing - Content Acquisition
19th June 2014
UCB recently outsourced its subscription management and content negotiations to Infotrieve. Robin Neidorf interviews both companies to find out what it outsourcing the portfolio and contact management means for them. The article also explores the wider ramifications of outsourcing procurement functions, plus identifying benefits in areas from usage analysis to licensing agreements with content suppliers.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: A View Inside Library Outsourcing - Content Acquisition
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Library as a Service... the Next Big Thing?
Monday, 19th May 2014
- FreePint News Survey 2013. Results: Key News Suppliers and Satisfaction
Friday, 22nd November 2013
- From Content Cost to Value: the Rise of the Content Adviser
Monday, 18th November 2013
- Validating and Improving the Value of Content Investments
Friday, 11th October 2013
- Introducing the Acquired Content Adviser
Monday, 18th November 2013
- What's Your Budget Priority?
Thursday, 7th November 2013
- Outsourcing - once it's gone you can't get it back
Wednesday, 26th January 2011
- FreePint Report: Product Review of Infotrieve's Mobile Library
Wednesday, 23rd April 2014
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021