Keeping Track of Your Data - Identifying the Threats
5th August 2014
Plenty of self-serving reports from security specialists predict catastrophes to which they happen to provide solutions. But their findings can be useful nevertheless - for example in helping organisations decide whether they should be more worried about hackers or their own staff, or about traditional desktop machines as opposed to BYOD and mobile devices. Of particular interest, too, are some recent findings indicating that most organisations haven't a clue where their unstructured data resides. Plus the intriguing suggestion that what is going to matter in future is not where it is physically but its legal, political and - crucially - its logical location when several jurisdictions are involved. Information professionals with a compliance role should be licking their lips.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of Content and Community.
Does your organisation have access to Content and Community?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Article title: Keeping Track of Your Data - Identifying the Threats
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Are We Becoming Too Scared of Security to Benefit from Big Data?
Thursday, 24th July 2014
- Forget BYOD and COPE, It's Time for BYOID
Thursday, 29th May 2014
- We're All Hackers Now
Thursday, 22nd May 2014
- Cybercrime - Don't Waste a Crisis
Monday, 7th April 2014
- Security Breaches? It's the Innocent Ones You Need To Worry About
Wednesday, 12th March 2014
- Cyber Security in the Enterprise
Thursday, 9th January 2014
- Breach Fatigue or Plain Ol' FUD - the Human Factor is Still a Big Security Risk
Tuesday, 26th November 2013
- Free Report - Know Your Customer, Contain Your Costs
Monday, 4th August 2014
Five newly recorded webinars on how to complete the activities in our Focus on Value Chain now available.
Express value the way stakeholders do with Value Chain analysis
"I can now sit in a meeting with my stakeholders and articulate the role information plays in their workflows. They understand our contribution to their success." Information Senior Scientist, heavy manufacturing industry
With Jinfo Consulting, you get accountability, fine-tuned guidance and industry-wide perspective.
- Capacity comes from strategy
Wednesday, 15th September 2021
- Tie portfolio value to commercial impact
Monday, 13th September 2021
- Theory, practice, and demonstrating ROI
Thursday, 9th September 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step five - your evolution work plan)
Wednesday, 11th August 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step four - assess your team’s characteristics)
Tuesday, 22nd June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers
Friday, 23rd July 2021
- Community deck - Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors
Wednesday, 23rd June 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Investment philosophies for strategic portfolio management (Community) Thursday, 2nd December 2021
- Negotiation role-play for content licensing professionals (Community) Thursday, 7th October 2021
- Teeing up value-based budget conversations for content licensing (Community) Tuesday, 21st September 2021
- Value Chain (step five - putting the Value Chain together) (Webinar) Tuesday, 31st August 2021
- Value Chain (step four - measurement - selecting and collecting data) (Webinar) Monday, 30th August 2021
- Value Chain (step three - your contributions to the Value Chain) (Webinar) Friday, 27th August 2021