How (Not) to Choose an Enterprise Social Tool for Your Organisation
24th March 2015
By Ana Neves
This article shows the shortcomings of the criteria most frequently used to choose enterprise social tools. Author Ana Neves goes on to advocate that organisational fit is the single most important element to consider and explains why it is the one most likely to lead to significant adoption of the chosen enterprise social tool or collaboration platform. She also provides points to consider on areas from price to features and vendor client base along with a useful set of next steps.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: How (Not) to Choose an Enterprise Social Tool for Your Organisation
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- What to Avoid When Implementing Social Tools
Thursday, 29th January 2015
- Developing the Right Approach for Social Collaboration
Wednesday, 31st December 2014
- How to Add Value Within Your Enterprise Social Network
Wednesday, 24th December 2014
- Building a Better (Digital) Workplace
Friday, 28th November 2014
- Is Enterprise Social Networking a Must?
Tuesday, 13th May 2014
- What's the Problem with Enterprise Social?
Wednesday, 5th February 2014
- Could an Enterprise Social Network Make Us Happier?
Friday, 10th January 2014
- How Effective is Your Enterprise Social Network?
Friday, 7th February 2014
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021