Why Enterprise Search Will Never Be Like Google
26th March 2015
By James Mullan
If you're an intranet manager you may have been asked on more than one occasion to make your internal search tool more like Google. This might sound a very sensible undertaking given the popularity of the Google search engine and its increasing integration with other tools. However, the Google search engine isn't universally liked and the many other internet search engines that are available are testament to this. James Mullan focuses in on some of the most significant reasons why search within an organisation will never be like Google.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Why Enterprise Search Will Never Be Like Google
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Making Internal Information Visible Using Enterprise Content Management
Wednesday, 14th January 2015
- Can You Use Training to Improve Discovery in the Enterprise?
Thursday, 26th March 2015
- Search is Critical to Informed Decision-Making
Monday, 16th February 2015
- A Deep Dive into Information Discovery
Tuesday, 27th January 2015
- Defining "Visibility"
Tuesday, 6th January 2015
- Tackling Discovery and Search - Relevant FreePint Resources
Friday, 27th June 2014
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (sources - content and coverage)
Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- Product Review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021