Are Conventional Intranets Now Obsolete?
6th April 2015
By James Mullan
A recent report published by Gartner and article on the Cosent blog have questioned whether traditional intranets are now obsolete given the demands of the digital workplace. James Mullan looks at what programme managers should do to ensure their intranet remains relevant and what the alternatives are to SharePoint - such as Microsoft Office 365.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Are Conventional Intranets Now Obsolete?
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Building a Better (Digital) Workplace
Friday, 28th November 2014
- What on Earth is the Digital Workplace?
Tuesday, 3rd December 2013
- Intranets - Helping You Make the Right Decision Faster
Monday, 28th October 2013
- Building a Business Case for a New Intranet
Tuesday, 22nd October 2013
- Are Intranets at Death's Door? How to Improve Your Intranet
Thursday, 14th March 2013
- Tips for Taming Unwieldy Intranets
Friday, 22nd February 2013
Document the value chain, and transform the way you think about, manage and report on your product portfolio and your information service contributions to your organisation goals.
Director of Research Robin Neidorf describes the benefits of a Consulting Pilot on Value Chain, to tailor this process to your needs and environment:
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Research update - peeking around the corner to 2021
Thursday, 17th December 2020
- Research update - what can you leverage in 2021?
Thursday, 3rd December 2020
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021