Houston We Have a Problem - the Challenge of Knowledge Management
23rd April 2015
By James Mullan
On the face of it managing knowledge within an organisation might seem an easy undertaking. However, articles published recently have highlighted how difficult it can be to manage tacit and explicit knowledge within an organisation and some of the challenges of doing so. In this article James Mullan looks at challenges and opportunities, such as big data, and how knowledge and information professionals can work to make critical knowledge available within their organisations.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Houston We Have a Problem - the Challenge of Knowledge Management
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Unlocking Data... Wolfram Applies Complex Maths to Real-World Problems
Wednesday, 22nd April 2015
- Creating a Knowledge Management Tool for Tomorrow
Tuesday, 10th February 2015
- Selling Knowledge Management Within Your Organisation
Thursday, 31st July 2014
- Knowledge Management in Law Firms is Changing!
Monday, 30th December 2013
- New Entrants Shake Up Big Data Technology Market
Tuesday, 21st April 2015
- Easing the Information Flow with Data and Network Maps
Thursday, 2nd April 2015
- Knowledge Management: Importance, Challenges and Prospects
Monday, 3rd June 2013
- Building a Knowledge Management tool that lasts
Friday, 30th March 2012
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Enhancements to the Jinfo website
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what matters most to smart information managers
Thursday, 21st January 2021
- Research update - what's your focus in 2021?
Thursday, 7th January 2021
- Mini review of M-Brain's Intelligence Plaza
Monday, 18th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (value - purchasing, development and competitor landscape)
Thursday, 14th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight (technology - search & user interface; outputs & alerts; administration)
Wednesday, 13th January 2021
- Product review of Aurora FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Product review of TRG Screen's Quest
Friday, 18th December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021