Taxonomies for information professionals
19th December 2018
Taxonomies connect users to content more accurately than search alone, and there are many business cases for implementing them. This article addresses choosing the right type of taxonomy to serve a particular set of content and users, finding sources and taxonomy terms, and using software for their management.
Access to Jinfo Content and Community is available to Jinfo clients.
Is your organisation a Jinfo client?
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
- Q&A with InfoNgen - news aggregation & personalisation engine
Wednesday, 7th February 2018
- Q&A with Linguamatics - digging deep into unstructured text
Thursday, 28th December 2017
- From Taxonomy to Visualisation... the NewsEdge Way
Wednesday, 11th March 2015
- Research Focus Insights and Actions "The accidental technologist - where your expertise meets the new world"
Thursday, 10th January 2019
Upcoming Community sessions
- The Inside Circle – let's talk suppliers,
Thursday, 29th September 2022
The final quarter can feel daunting; a busy operating period often combined with a large number of contract renewals. Negotiations are increasingly difficult; a value based approach can provide useful levers. Learn about the practical strategies you can employ to drive the negotiating process.Read on the Blog
- Portfolio Management: do your "users' expression of value" drive your decisions?
Wednesday, 17th August 2022
- Are you in a proactive state of resilience? Preparing for contract negotiations
Wednesday, 13th July 2022
- The value of information remains at the heart of it all
Friday, 8th July 2022
- The Inside Circle – let’s talk suppliers (Community) Thursday, 29th September 2022
- Plan your work, work your plan (Community) Thursday, 9th June 2022
- Value Chain foundation – mastering the mindset (Community) Thursday, 5th May 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step seven - ready, aim, fire) (Webinar) Tuesday, 28th June 2022
- Centre of Excellence (step six - making strategy operational) (Webinar) Wednesday, 15th June 2022
- Making data meaningful (Webinar) Tuesday, 17th May 2022