Jinfo benchmarking research (part 1 - introduction)
20th June 2019
Jinfo's benchmarking project has amassed three years of data submitted by 82 information teams who have provided data on everything from organisational structure to how they deliver their services and areas of strategic focus. With so much information to draw on, this article provides an overview of what we have learned through analysing this data, including the most important variables to consider when creating the right peer group against which to benchmark any given information team, as well as our findings on reporting structures, provision of services and team capacity.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Jinfo benchmarking research (part 1 - introduction)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 4 - content licensing strategy)
Thursday, 27th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 3 - services and customers)
Wednesday, 26th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 2 - structure and strategy of department)
Tuesday, 25th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research 2019
Friday, 28th June 2019
- Jinfo model - reporting into R&D
Monday, 27th May 2019
- Jinfo model - reporting into procurement or finance
Thursday, 23rd May 2019
- Jinfo model - effective work with procurement
Monday, 20th May 2019
Latest in this Focus: Get started adapting the model to your environment with step-by-step guidance on practical activities for strategic planning. Define your own future where information is a strategic asset to your organisation.
What clients say about Centre of Excellence:
"My colleagues and I used your Known Fors activity, and we now have a vision as to who we are going to be. We already achieved ROI... a sincere thanks!" Director of Research and Information Services, international law firm
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - design your strongest future as a Centre of Excellence
Thursday, 3rd June 2021
- The Information Centre of Excellence – a flexible model of value, resilience and strategy
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Research update - one step at a time towards developing scorecards
Thursday, 20th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors)
Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service)
Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model)
Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Community deck - scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them
Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Community deck - negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A
Monday, 26th April 2021
- Community deck - usage data in contract negotiations
Thursday, 1st April 2021
- Centre of Excellence - make progress on your evolution, with your peers (Community) Tuesday, 13th July 2021
- Centre of Excellence - examples of Pillars of Service and Known Fors (Community) Tuesday, 15th June 2021
- Scorecards - how information teams are designing and using them (Community) Tuesday, 25th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step three - envision your Known Fors) (Webinar) Thursday, 10th June 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step two - create your Pillars of Service) (Webinar) Wednesday, 26th May 2021
- Centre of Excellence (step one - map your services to the model) (Webinar) Tuesday, 25th May 2021