Jinfo benchmarking research (part 1 - introduction)
20th June 2019
Jinfo's benchmarking project has amassed three years of data submitted by 82 information teams who have provided data on everything from organisational structure to how they deliver their services and areas of strategic focus. With so much information to draw on, this article provides an overview of what we have learned through analysing this data, including the most important variables to consider when creating the right peer group against which to benchmark any given information team, as well as our findings on reporting structures, provision of services and team capacity.
Access to Jinfo articles and reports is a benefit of a Jinfo Subscription.
Does your organisation have a Jinfo Subscription?
"Yes, we subscribe"
Please sign in here so that we can check your access to this item:
Submit the Subscription Question form to find out if someone in your organisation already has a subscription or to discuss your questions or requirements.
Or use the 'Text Chat' button at the bottom-right of this page for immediate assistance.
- Article title: Jinfo benchmarking research (part 1 - introduction)
- Link to this page
- View printable version
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 4 - content licensing strategy)
Thursday, 27th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 3 - services and customers)
Wednesday, 26th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research (part 2 - structure and strategy of department)
Tuesday, 25th June 2019
- Jinfo benchmarking research 2019
Friday, 28th June 2019
- Jinfo model - reporting into R&D
Monday, 27th May 2019
- Jinfo model - reporting into procurement or finance
Thursday, 23rd May 2019
- Jinfo model - effective work with procurement
Monday, 20th May 2019
Improve your negotiation position, measure performance of your portfolio of external content, and communicate more effectively with stakeholders.
A Jinfo Subscription gets you access to activity-based content to move your projects forward, plus dynamic peer group discussions on meaty topics.
- Research update - aspiring to “strategic”? You’re in good company
Thursday, 18th February 2021
- Research update - assess your strategic portfolio management needs
Thursday, 4th February 2021
- Become a more strategic content portfolio manager
Thursday, 28th January 2021
- Dashboard and collaboration (use-case - intelligence)
Wednesday, 17th February 2021
- Comparison of content management features (use-case - intelligence)
Tuesday, 16th February 2021
- Mini review of Global Market Model
Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
- Community deck - State of the industry, 2021
Wednesday, 24th February 2021
- Product review of Aurora's FirstLight
Monday, 11th January 2021
- Market landscape - patent products
Monday, 21st December 2020
- Negotiation clinic - role-play and Q&A (Community) Tuesday, 13th April 2021
- Usage data in contract negotiations (Community) Tuesday, 23rd March 2021
- Pricing models for information and data licensing (Community) Tuesday, 2nd March 2021
- Comparative product evaluation - breaking it down into manageable pieces (Webinar) Tuesday, 19th January 2021
- The importance of current awareness tracking (Webinar) Tuesday, 12th January 2021
- State of the Industry, 2021 (Webinar) Tuesday, 5th January 2021